From:   "The Isherwood's", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Surely it would be better to turn up to all practice
sessions, perform as any gold medallist should and on
the day turn up with pistol - then fire the
required number of shots at the target using nothing
more than an imaginary gun - shouting bang after each
imaginary shot.   Then walk away from the firing point
with a smile that say's you know you just won the gold.

If every competitor acted in such a manner it would
expose the Games for what they really are - just a
charade !!!

Secondly, a march and _other publicity events_ are a
must and I for one will wholeheartedly support them -
even the more extreme proposals will be given
serious consideration - after all this opportunity
won't be repeated for a very long time and I want a
another memory to bank alongside the others I so
fondly recall.   So my vote is cast ... the more the
merrier ... let's have another day out.

Finally, on the subject of the Commonwealth Games -
am I correct in thinking that the Government is
proposing to spend another thirty six million pounds
of _good causes_ lottery cash on a pistol range that
no one will be able to use after the event ?   If so,
surely this is another _DOME_ fiasco in the
making.

Regards everybody,

Paul
--
Six million.  And that includes the rifle and shotgun
ranges as well.  At least that's what it said in the

The problem with saying what the competitors should
and should not do is that we have no influence over
them at all, so it's not worth thinking about.

What we can do is to have a rally and flood the
press with letters.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]