From:   "niel fagan", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>JHP should also be used, where applicable, but we
>cant have it 'cos the Hague convention says so.
>Comments on this would be gratefully received.
>(Article 29 of the Hague convention on Warfare on
>Land, 1899 refers.... I think!). We use JSP instead.

I'm not sure that the Hague convention applies to civilian police officers
in peace time the and to be honest the jhp would be safer for bystanders in
some circumstances, the MOD police are different again though IIRC. One bit
that does apply is that civilian police officers cannot use full auto
firearms, self loaders ok, but not full auto. IIRC the DEA got caught out
and they now train their "men in black" they must not pick-up and use any
criminals gun during an operation incase its a full auto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
As a small aside, hants use a logo with the words "enforcing the peace" on
vehicles, post franks, posters etc, this is part of the organisations
problem perhaps? The courts enforce,  don't they?

Niel.

p.s. you are right about vehicles killing more, or is that the drivers
fault? And when the cameras went up around here they were on major roads
without easy access on foot, not local access roads with children running
around or having to cross to get to school, guess where most of the speeding
takes place....
--
According to some ancient Home Office policy the police will
respect the Hague Convention, don't ask me why, apparently

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]