On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote: > Igor schrieb: > > > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote: > > >> Igor schrieb: > >> > >> > Hi, > >> > >> > In the course of my real job duties, I built O'Caml under Cygwin. > >> > It builds OOTB, and, even though there seem to be some minor > >> > packaging issues to be worked out, looks like it'll be easy to > >> > package nicely, so I was considering ITPing it. > >> > >> +1 vote from me. > > > Thanks, Gerrit. At this stage, though, I'm less concerned with getting > > the votes, and more with the licensing issues. BTW, you ported the > > earlier versions of O'Caml to Cygwin, didn't you? > > There was not much porting needed, I have it still online here: > http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/ocaml/ > and see the patch for the latest version I did: > http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/ocaml/3.07beta2/ocaml-3.07beta2-1.patch > > Used this build script: > [script snipped] > > even they stated in earlier versions that threads are not working with > cygwin. But I never got to use it really.
Yep, saw that one, thanks. Your patch is already incorporated into the official sources, and -with-pthread is the default and is ignored. It actually builds OOTB on Cygwin now. Don't know if threads work, though -- I'm still trying to get O'Caml to run properly (I keep getting the "No bytecode file specified" message)... Do you want to discuss this off-list? > >> > However, parts of it are released under the "Q Public license", which > >> > GNU lists explicitly as non-GPL-compatible. Does this mean an > >> > automatic "no" to an official Cygwin package, or does anyone know of > >> > anything that could be done to enable it? > >> > >> Huh? It is OSI certified: > >> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/qtpl.php > > > Yes, but GPL incompatible > > (<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html>). > > Igor > > ianal, but i see there are also openssl, apache, and other licenses > listed where packages are already included in the netrelease. Yeah, I think I already figured this one out. The clause in the Cygwin licensing that Jerry Williams pointed out seems to cover it. Igor -- http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/ |\ _,,,---,,_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D. '---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow! "Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
