On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Igor schrieb:
>
> > I'm still trying to get O'Caml to run properly (I keep getting the "No
> > bytecode file specified" message)...  Do you want to discuss this
> > off-list?
>
> You cannot strip O'Caml executables, it is somewhere in the docs which
> of the compiler executables may be stripped and which not.

Right, I should have mentioned that I already turned off stripping.
However, I was still getting the stripped version of the executables
because the package got cached by IE (I switched to a new laptop, and
apparently didn't configure IE properly yet).  It all works now.

> Executables compiled by O'Caml cannot be compiled in general, they are
                                           ^^^^^^^^
> mixed mode, text/binary code and stripping removes the text... have you
> opened a binary with an editor already?  Looks funny.

Yep.  I assume you mean "stripped" above, but thanks for the pointers.  I
should be able to ITP ocaml at some point in the next week or so.
        Igor
-- 
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'           Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL     a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw

Reply via email to