Fabio Rossi via Cygwin writes:
> I forgot to mention that the test machine is running Windows 10 Pro 64
> bit with a ATI FirePro 3800 graphics card.

That particular family of graphics chips has drivers that do not
implement (or incorrectly) certain functions that the level of OpenGL
support would otherwise suggest.  You either need to force software
rendering or use a different graphics card as these will not get
upgrades anymore.  I've disabled and later removed a FirePro V3900 from
one of my computers for this very reason and use the IGP instead.

Regards,
Achim.