On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 12:22:31PM +0100, Ken Brown wrote:
> Harmon,
>
> your knowledge of the history of the Roman Empire & early Christianity
> is flakier than Choate's physics.  Go home and read some history books
> instead of New Age loonies with a persecution complex.

   I'm not reading new age anything, simply the writings of the early church
fathers and church history. All solid, well-recognized scholarly works. The same
works studied in any good university biblical literature program. You
don't translate names. Especially you don't change the name of the god. Read the
Old Testament, see how incredibly many times you find phrases like "the holy
name of the lord", "blessed be the name", "the wonderful name", etc.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix