On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 06:04:34PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> How about reforming the "modern" "democratic" state with direct
> democracy - Swiss style ?
(german only, sorry).
In a referendum swiss citizens agreed to the latest surveilance law
(NDG). According to the new law NDB (swiss intelligence service)
will be allowed to:
- open letters
- intercept phone calls
- intercept sms
- install bug devices in apparments
- install troyans on computers and mobiles
- apply gps trackers to vehicles
- live-search of communications like mail or chat
- interrupt & attack networks (domestic and foreign)
- store all collected data for 6 months
- companies are obliged to comply with surveillance requests
- no more protection of lawers or journalists
- and a lot more
65% of voters agreed with the law.