On 1 December 2016 20:49:58 GMT+00:00, juan <juan....@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 20:28:12 +0000
>oshwm <os...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> Just to add to the discussion if we're busy justifying our existence
>> to the whiners...
>>
>> A while back there was an active discussion of open source hardware
>> and 'openfabs' (I took part in that too). But more recently (although
>> not quite meeting the openfab ideal) a cool little piece of open
>> source hardware appeared based on the RISC V instruction set...
>>
>> https://www.sifive.com/
>>
>> Feel free to discuss, whiners are invited too :P
>

>       https://www.crowdsupply.com/onchip/open-v
>
>       http://www.onchipuis.io/index.html
>
>       these people are from colombia. That's...unexpected =)

Its always good to have choice :)

It looked tome lime SiFive actually have some early boards ready to ship.

The only issue with both of these is the potential for backdoors in the
hardware when they're shipped compared to the sources.
Without Openfabs with ability for interested ppl to go in unannounced to
check/audit then we can't escape this risk.