this is part of a function that uses a stack to behave similarly to a
recursive function.

here's where the stack ('indices = [') is initialised:

(Pdb) list 38
 33             #           index      stream offset  index offset  region size
 34             indices = [(self.tail, 0,             0,            total_size)]
 35             while len(indices):
 36                 index, index_offset, index_start, index_size = indices[-1]
 37                 index_offset_in_stream = index_offset - index_start
 38                 for type, index, index_substart, index_subsize, *_ in index:
 39                     if index_offset_in_stream ==
stream_output_offset and index_subsize > 0:
 40                         if type == 1:
 41                             for ditem in index['ditem']:
 42                                 assert ditem not in visited
 43                                 visited.add(ditem)

in me somehow, I know there is a good chance there is a bad bug
somewhere in those initialisation lines. it's hard for me to consider
it, look at it, and verify the various parts are functionally correct,
at the same time. pretty hard. so instead i generally use the debugger
to backtrack, popping breakpoints and tracepoints around. this lets me
do it more in a rote manner.
  • [spam][crazy][log... Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many
    • Re: [spam][c... Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many
      • Re: [spa... Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many
        • Re: ... Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many