At 06:26 PM 6/14/00 -0400, Jim Choate wrote:

>Considering the pictures in Wired and the plans related to nitrogen filled
>rooms described in the article a couple of 1/4 lb. blocks of C4 would
>resolve the issue nicely. Just blow a couple of good size holes in the
>caissons. The North Sea will do the rest.

I guess I didn't find the pictures that you and Tim had.   So if you
want physical toughness and they won't let you into that granite
mountain in Colorado, I guess the ex-silo in UK or the salt mines
of Kansas are it.  There goes the banks.

The whole Sealand game is sovereignty.  Played
out in the UK courts, possibly the UN, and with pretty much the
same arms and surveillance equiptment your average homeowner (anchored
yachtsman) on the open seas would have.  (or a retired admiral could
finagle?)

>a wire fence several hundred
>yards out all around... and it'll resolve small boats and undetected surface
>attacks. A few long hinged poles around the landing pad will eliminate
>heli-assault. That baby is little. That makes it hard to get in.

Interesting.  Should make that German's life a lot harder.. But don't
dudes descend from copters on ropes longer than poles would be?

>I did find it odd that at no point was radar, sonar, or thermal mentioned
>in the article.

You don't broadcast the kind of surveillance you do... that's
why some dishes get those neat domes over them :-)

Though you *do* parade your missile launchers etc.. deterrence..

>And for christ sake, get away from the 5.56mm stuff and
>get a good gun.

Maybe that's their affirmative action policy --they'll permit smaller
stuff for the smaller framed personnel.

>I suspect it will be found that a nation that attacks them without warning
>will be found guilty of crimes of war similar to Japan at the end of WWII.

Gosh maybe they'll even get an apology and some $ *fifty years later* like
the Japs that were rounded up in the US... investors can't wait that long...

>Or fire, or runaway auto, etc. No, that end is toast. Multiplicity is
>their own saving grace.

Yet another point in favor of truly distributed information brokering, vs.
Sealand's single point of failure (which they will work very hard to
ameliorate, one expects).