--
On 30 Jan 2003 at 12:16, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> I'll have to find the studies, but it was the same oil
> geologists (not enviros) who used the same model to
> accurately predict the peak of US oil production who did the
> one on world oil production.

Not true.

Rather, what happened is that there have been thousands of
overly pessimistic estimates, and one overly optimistic
estimate for US oil production  (an over reaction to past low
side errors) , and everyone who makes implausibly pessimistic
estimates for world oil production likes to associate
themselves with those who disagreed with the one overly
optimistic estimate -- but the association is thin.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     8af9YKuTzIfi6eW+kuKC5iSQr1ItRdPJmiiqa7oK
     40um9WOOe1GxHnczql5Bykr/viCnjY0+DHauSAK8v