Dear WG.

Unless you explicitly let us know that you are NOT OK with the current
IPR declaration ( https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2468/ ) by
Thursday, we will be progressing the document.
Personally I'm not thrilled with the situation, but I don't really
think there is anything we can do about it...

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:
>> As we had with the keyrelay draft in regext (and the draft of Peter Koch
>> with DNSSEC transfers).
>
> Can you remind us what ended up happening with those two? I vaguely
> remember some discussion about it being hard to get a commitment, and
> that "later" seemed like a DoS on the process, but was there ever a
> resolution?
>
> Is the WG OK with this, or do you feel that we need to try and get the
> IPR statement updated? (Remembering that, AFAIK, we cannot do anything
> other than ask nicely...)

>> <SNAP/>
>>
>>> I see that Verisign has offered a free-unless-you-sue-us license for
>>> other patent applications, like this one, dunno why they do for some
>>> but not others:
>>>
>>>    https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2703/
>> Other than that the suggested draft is also by Verisign themselves?
>>
>>> In any event, you alrady know what my suggested solution is.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marc

> --
> I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
> idea in the first place.
> This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
> regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
> of pants.
>    ---maf

idea in the first place.
of pants.