Hello,

> Message du 27/02/17 00:00
> De : "Michael"
> A : "darktable forum"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [darktable-user] automatically applies some settings
>

> what I mean is when I open a new image up in dt five modules are activated
> automatically:
> 0- original image
> 1- orientation (which doesn't appear to do anything)
It makes the images always be well oriented. Mandatory for me, as I very often
take photos in portrait orientation and don't wnat to have to bother with this
at edit.

> 2- sharpen (improves slightly)
> 3- basecurve (that blurs details)
Both these are pure nuisance for me. I consider them only polluting the stack.
I'd like not to see them into the developement stack, but the only way to
achieve this is to apply them turned off, then compress the stack, and finally
select the stack entry just under them and compress once more or set anything
else.
I don't use them at all. I don't want to have to use them against my will.
Instead of basecureve, I use a method a member published almost one year ago,
the thread was "A better starting point".
It works very well for me, gives far better results than the basecurve in every
situation.
So, yes, if I could have both the basecurve and sharpen eliminated from the
development stack, I'd be very, very, very happy.

> 4- color balance (blurs even more)
> 5- white balance (changes the colors of things)
None of those are automatically applied. You must have set them to be so into
the settings.

> I want to eliminate modules 3, 4, and 5 and to understand what module 1 is
> doing.

As I wrote before, it tilts up photos taken in portrait mode.
You _don't_ want this to be off, unless you only use landscape mode.

Rgrds,

J.-Luc

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:34 AM, Roman Lebedev  wrote:

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 1:08 AM, Michael  wrote:
> > I don't want dt to automatically apply some modules and I want to change
> > other modules settings. How do I do it?
> You are aware that dt uses a fixed pipeline, not like in gimp?
>
> So if you edit basecurve, edit something else, and then again edit basecurve,
> even though history stack will contain two basecurve entries,
> the image will not have two basecurves applied?
>
> > --
> Roman.