> Message du 01/03/17 02:39
> De : darkta...@911networks.com
> A : darktable-user@lists.darktable.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [darktable-user] automatically applies some settings
>
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 00:24:59 +0100 (CET)
> Jean-Luc CECCOLI  wrote:
>
> >> 2- sharpen (improves slightly)
> >> 3- basecurve (that blurs details)
> >Both these are pure nuisance for me. I consider them only polluting
> >the stack. I'd like not to see them into the developement stack, but
> >the only way to achieve this is to apply them turned off, then
> >compress the stack, and finally select the stack entry just under
> >them and compress once more or set anything else. I don't use them
> >at all. I don't want to have to use them against my will. Instead of
> >basecureve, I use a method a member published almost one year ago,
> >the thread was "A better starting point". It works very well for me,
> >gives far better results than the basecurve in every situation. So,
> >yes, if I could have both the basecurve and sharpen eliminated from
> >the development stack, I'd be very, very, very happy.
>
> The thread was "A better starting-point for Nikon RAW-files"
> https://www.mail-archive.com/darktable-user@lists.darktable.org/msg00805.html
>
> The problem for this is:
>
> 1. This is for Nikon. I have both Canon and Fujifilm x-trans
> 2. I use Linux
>
> So I can't use Nikon ViewNX2 to generate the various profiles.

Indeed. But what really matters here is that whatever the method you use, the
basecurve conflicts with it.

So you have to deactivate it anyway.

> On the other hand, I often use the Pentax profile that often gives me
> a better contrast management.

Just as I wrote before : you have to deactivate the default basecurve, and this
only can be done by adding an instance set to off.

Then, if you want a clean stack, you have to compress the history, click on to
the entry just before the newly added instance and compress again.

Rgrds,

J.-Luc