* Jason Verlen <jasver...@gmail.com> [03-12-17 20:58]:
> Darktable Users:
>
> I am new to Darktable.  Have experimented for a few weeks and I am really
> impressed.  Fantastic program.  And then I had a problem...
>
> I was just about to say goodbye to Lightroom when I ran into a big snag.
>
> I tried to Print an image for the first time.  It seems that Darktable won’t
> let me use the Epson ABW (Advanced Black and White RIP) mode to print black
> and white images.  Is this true or am I not using it correctly?
>
> If this is true can I suggest that Darktable integrates the Epson ABW into a
> future version…this is unfortunately a show stopper for me and I’ll have to
> stay with LightRoom for now.  My experience with ABW is very positive - black
> and white prints that are superior to printing in color mode.

iianm, darktable merely hands off the print job to your printer handler,
cups, hplip, .... and *you* tell the print handler how you want the
printer to put your image to paper.

you can send your image to your print handler as a black and white or grey
scale image or tell your printer to print it w/o color.

googling for "epson abw" indicates it is a driver provided by epson.  do
you have that driver installed or is it even available for linux, I didn't
look.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo            @ http://linuxcounter.net