On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:21:02 +0100, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 14. M=E4rz 2017, 15:38:52 CET schrieb Jason Polak:
>> I don't understand why this reply had to be so snarky. Wow, darktable is
>> not Lightroom! I never could have guessed that.
>>
>> All the guy wants to do is figure out the steps to get printing to work.
>> Yes, we get it that the job is sent to the printer queue, and then it's
>> the user's job to do the rest...so how is that done exactly? Is it
>> possible to get OS X to bring up a similar Epson print dialog in this
>> process or not (which may not necessarily be a question about Darktable)?
>
> I never printed from dt as I don't even have a printer. But what I know is
> that the system was designed to NOT offer all those capabilities on purpose.
> The reason being that a printer profile is only valid for one specific set of
> settings. Encouraging the use of printer profiles while suggesting that
> fiddling
> with controls at the same time was sane is misleading the user. Thus: No
> settings. If CUPS is somehow able to pop up the driver window on its own then
> that might be used, but dt isn't doing that for you.

Not everyone has fully profiled workflows.  If your full workflow
isn't profiled, you may need adjustments to correct for your monitor;
if your printer/driver/paper combo isn't profiled (Gutenprint, for
example, is a volunteer project, and we don't have the resources to
profile printer/driver/paper combinations), you may need significant
adjustments to get useful output.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <r...@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton