Am 07.08.2017 um 04:03 schrieb David Vincent-Jones:
I have just moved my openSUSE version from 42.2 to 42.3 and now dt does
not appear to recognize the installed openCL.

[opencl_init] could not find opencl runtime library 'libOpenCL'
[opencl_init] could not find opencl runtime library 'libOpenCL.so'
[opencl_init] found opencl runtime library 'libOpenCL.so.1'
[opencl_init] opencl library 'libOpenCL.so.1' found on your system and
loaded

This tells us that at libOpenCL.so.1 is present on your system and darktable has been able to load it.

[opencl_init] could not get platforms: -1001

That tells us that libOpenCL.so.1 failed when checking for available GPUs.

I assume you have some NVIDIA card.

Please try the following. As root call program clinfo (should be supplied by package clinfo-2.0.15.03.24-2.3.x86_64 or the like). Then start darktable again as a normal user. If darktable now works with OpenCl this is an indication of a permission issue on your system.

NVIDIA relies on a program /usr/bin/nvidia-modprobe that needs to be set SUID root. I found that frequently distributions remove the SUID bit for security reasons. It's up to you if you set it manually (chmod +s /usr/bin/nvidia-modprobe).

Ulrich