Finally I managed to get it to work. While eyefi-config did help me to get a basic understanding how this operates, it's output isn't reliable. The reported upload key was incorrect, logfiles came out corrupted, and there is an important set of options not supported.
My computer is a dual boot with a small windows drive. There I had installed the activation software, which I used to register my local wlan SSID. As the card already had some test pictures, transfer started immediately. Thus, eyefi-config was also wrong in reporting that there are no transfers pending. I gathered all information I could; specially the logfiles where quite informative and complete. There I could see, that the external IPs had vanished and that the whole local network was scanned for a receiver. So I rebooted Linux, the card still in the card reader. Using DHCP, it will almost always get the same IP, which I could ping now. I planned to continue playing with eyefi-config, but trying to retrieve the log, I got a core dump. Next I started an eyefiserver on a different computer and copied a few images to the card, while the eyefiserver was printing debug info on a ssh session. The first transfer was delayed by some 10-15 seconds, but then it came quite quickly. I could measure an effective throughput of 2.6MB/s, which isn't bad at all. Encouraged by this success, I plugged the card into my camera. But now everything went much slower, and I got many timeouts. The card will retry probably ad infinitum, but in this position it wouldn't succeed. So I put the camera besides the router and now it worked, though I still got timeouts every once in a while. The camera's battery wasn't fully loaded, but it was still good to take many pictures. So, it does work, but "reliability" isn't the first word crossing my mind. ____________________________________________________________________________ darktable user mailing list to unsubscribe send a mail to darktable-user+unsubscr...@lists.darktable.org