The external drives are visible, They are connected via usb3.0.

I have used them with Lightroom for years. But since Lightroom is getting
unfriendly, I want to explore other programs.

I HAVE tried “folder", I get the home drive and “+other locations”. when I
clicked on that, I get “computer”, which is the home drive again.

I am using Mac and not linux. Should there be an difference, since I downloaded
this program from the official website?

As you can probably guess, I am getting a tiny bit frustrated. But I am willing
to learn.

Ka Tai