On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 04:30, Ross Tucker <ross.tuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did find a cache related directory at:
>     C:\Program Files\darktable\bin\-d\cached_kernels_for_GeForceGTX970_44187

That is for the graphics card acceleration code.
I think you ran darktable in the past with some wrong settings, as the
path should not have a '-d' in it, and the cache directory shouldn't
be under C:\Program Files, anyway (it should be in your profile). This
is indicated by the error message, too.
'--cachedir C:\Program Files\anything' is just wrong.

Maybe darktable was working fine without any of the magic switches,
and simply your 'collect images' module is set wrong on the left side
of the screen? Try clicking the 'reset parameters' button (the 'on-off
switch' close to the right-hand-side, next to the 'hamburger menu') of
the module.

Kofa