* Jim Robinson <jimr...@gmail.com> [01-05-21 05:45]:
> * David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [01-04-21 22:19]:
> > > After a rebuild I am finding that I am not seeing multiple folder levels
> > > at 'collect images' ...  as I remember there is a switch to set the
> > > number of levels but I do not remember where it is or was.  ..  Will
> > > somebody please jog my old memory.
> >
> I think that I am observing the same issue with master compiled yesterday
> (3.5.0+426~g3e30462e8) on both Windows and linux.
> Under 'collect images - folders' the 'selection box' is now a single row in
> height with a scroll bar on the right, rather than the old drop down list
> and this is independent of the number of folder levels selected in the
> preferences.  I have yet to explore backwards in commits, but there seem to
> have been a number of changes to 'collect' recently.  Maybe this change is
> intentional, but I find it very inconvenient.

on further investigation, I find no setting the the
configuration/gear-wheel setting menu(s) any more for depth of directories
processed during import, but one may edit ~/.config/darktable/darktablerc
and adjust "show_folder_levels=#".  Mine is set to "show_folder_levels=5".

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode