On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:03:39 -0300
Guillermo Rozas <guille2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because of several comments and the general tone of the posts by
> Robin Mills (and some of the current contributors to exiv2) on
> PIXLS.US during the last year, which I won't link here. The two
> linked discussions were meant to show that there are people working
> on exiv2, and that although Robin's retirement will be a huge loss
> for the project, it doesn't mean exiv2 is dead.

I didn't say that exiv2 was dead. Right now, as far as I understand,
exiv2 is in limbo.

What usually happens is either:

1. somebody steps up
2. some active project decides to incorporate it  and dedicate
resources to keep it alive
3. let it wither on the vine

Currently, neither alternative 1 or 2 has happened after almost a
year of Robin Mills announcing his retirement.

Which is why I asked:

a: How will this affect DT?
b: Supplementary question: Would exiftool be an alternative for DT?

Thank you
--
sknahT

vyS