On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, David Wheeler wrote:

> John and I liked the former option, though you expressed your
> opposition to it yesterday. The advantage is that the interface is
> exactly the same regardless of calendaring system, and we deal with the
> issues of allowing DateTime to return different calendar types right
> now, up front.
>
> Does that help?

Yes, it does.  Too many messages these past few days.  My brain hurts.

Anyway, I really don't see the point of this.  Other calendaring systems
will have different APIs, that may or may not resemble the API that's most
appropriate for the Gregorian calendar.  For example, see Rich Bowen's
Date::Discordian on CPAN.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com