Hi Suba,
>   The same code works differently from the emulator
> and from ROM bootmode. There is some initialization
> that is done thro' the emulator that I am missing in
> the UBL. 
I'm not a NAND expert, and I can't give educated advice. However, if you
have a working GEL file, you can try isolating the important
initialization by
1. commenting out some parts of the GEL file
2. booting the board with JTAG disconnected
3. connecting the JTAG and executing GEL initializtions
4. loading your NAND test application
> Of course, even with the emulator code, after
> flashing succesfully the u-boot and after calling
> Nand_Copy, if I jump to application start address
> 0x81080000, the u-boot comes up, but with the ecc
> error hot on my trail:
>
> NAND:nand_read_ecc: Attempt read beyond end of device
> 100000 4000 0
>   
Did you modify u-boot sources to support your NAND part? By default the
ti-supplied u-boot is hardcoded to recognize only a limited number of
512b devices.

Ivan
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source

Reply via email to