> Brian Niebuhr wrote:
> > Has anyone got buildroot to work on the 6446EVM?
> >
> > I am currently running the 2.6.23-davinci1 git kernel with a
> > Montavista-generated cramfs root filesystem and that is
> working fine.
> > However, adding just a couple of packages to create a
> minimal filesystem
> > makes the filesystem huge.  So I wanted to try buildroot to
> generate a
> > uClibc-based toolchain and filesystem.  I was able to get
> buildroot to
> > create a cramfs root filesystem and I used it to replace my
> Montavista
> > filesystem. However when the kernel gets to the point where
> it should
> > run init, it just apparently hangs (no output whatsoever).
> I've tried
> > various init= kernel parameters, including just init=/bin/sh, and I
> > always get the same results.  It's as if busybox can't
> start running.
> >
> > I assume that I just messed something up in the buildroot
> configuration,
> > but I'm not sure what.  If anyone has this working, could I
> get a copy
> > of your buildroot .config and/or any tips on how to make it work?
> >

> I guess I have faced this problem before. I'm really not
> sure, but this
> can be related to EABI/OABI incompatibility. Just a tought.

That was my original thought too.  In fact, I had configured my kernel
without EABI and I configured buildroot to use EABI.  Once I noticed
this, I did a "make clean" in buildroot, changed the buildroot ABI
setting to OABI, and rebuilt buildroot.  But unfortunately I got the
same results.  I am going to try getting a pristine copy of buildroot
and configuring it correctly in the first place, but I'm guessing that's
not going to help.

Brian