On Oct 28, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

If you're applying a callback to the "fetch" method and then your code
calls fetchrow_hashref, for example, how do you know if the driver's
fetchrow_hashref() method calls fetch() or fetchrow_arrayref()?

Franky, if I've applied a callback to `fetch`, I don't expect it to be executed by `fetchrow_hashref`.

The fetch and fetchrow_arrayref method are typically aliased by the
driver, but they're two separate methods from the DBI dispatcher's point
of view.

Agreed.

Applying the same callback to both is a reasonable approach.

That would need to be documented very carefully.

Best,

David