On 2016-11-02 3:53 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
On 10/31/2016 02:40 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
Same here (wrt not wanting to re-live this situation again). I will
respond to the above points around midnight UTC ( ~11h from now ).

Apologies for my silence. The combination of a time-zone shift with an unusually
early day-start leaves me way less "productive time" than I anticipated. I will
publish a to-the-point workable proposal by the end of this week.

Stay tuned.

Peter, I don't know your plan, but I think it would be very important if your own proposal included authorizing a team itself, where you name several individuals that you trust, and they have PAUSE/etc rights from the start.

The idea here is that even for people who trust you as a benevolent dictator with control of PAUSE/etc rights, there is still the problem of bus number equals 1 if your proposal had you being the only one with those rights. Supporters of your proposal would still want to know that if something happens to you, others are in the position to govern.

You had already named some people you were more likely to trust would share your values, and the mysterious successor, so surely there are names for this.

Thank you.

-- Darren Duncan