Il 29/09/2010 10:10, Jens Lehmann ha scritto:
> You can check this by comparing the regular DBpedia and DBpedia Live:
>
> http://dbpedia.org/page/Oakville_Assembly
> http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/page/Oakville_Assembly
>
> Indeed, the coordinates have changed, so there was probably an error in
> Wikipedia.

imho I don't think that comparing DBpedia with its live version is the
solution. In addition to having to double-check each resource, if
something is different in the live version, it does not mean that surely
there was an error in the previous version: the error could be in the
live version.
I remember some time ago, I was looking for the DBpedia live page about
the programming language PHP, and the abstract reported: "PHP: Problèmes
d'Hygiène Personnelle". :-) Unfortunately vandalism is quite widespread
in WIkipedia.
Probably, at least nowadays, there are better datasets than DBpedia that
offer more accurate geolocation, as you pointed out with LinkedGeoData.

Besides the problem of geographical coordinates, as I mentioned in the
belonging to two different datasets, linked through owl: sameAs, and
having inconsistent information. Probably reasoning on Linked Data (I
mean, not a single dataset) is not yet completely mature.

--
Regards,

Roberto Mirizzi
PhD Student at Politecnico di Bari (Italy)
http://sisinflab.poliba.it/mirizzi