Vaibhav

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 5:52:41 AM UTC-4, Vaibhav Palkar wrote:

> 1. What is wrong with the embedded method? Does the problem lie in my
> understanding?

It's hard to say what is wrong from here. Is coarsen_param greater than
one? Have you reached max_delta?  Finally, just to be clear, the embedded
methods will use the time step that you supply if the error is less than
than refine_tol. However, if the time step can be coarsen, you can use
get_status().delta_t_guess to get a new time step that you can then use,
the next time you call evolve_one_time_step.

> 2. Are embedded methods(with small time steps) a good choice for stiff
> problems or should I switch to an implicit method?

You probably will have to use an implicit method. The problem with embedded
methods for stiff problems is that the time steps will probably become very
small and the simulation will take for ever.

Best,

Bruno