On 04/04/2018 02:40 PM, Weixiong Zheng wrote:

I found out there is not a function for extruding triangulation by exact position of cell vertices along z-axis. So I wrote a piece of code by modifying

GridGenerator::extrude_triangulation.

The attachment is an example of what it does.

Did for my own needs. Just wonder if I can contribute to deal.II with this super trivial work. Never mind if it's too trivial to put it in deal.II or someone else if already doing similar work.

Any contribution is much appreciated!

If I understand correctly, you just generalize the second and third arguments of the existing function

  void
  extrude_triangulation (const Triangulation<2, 2> &input,
                         const unsigned int         n_slices,
                         const double               height,
                         Triangulation<3,3>        &result);

? I can totally see how that makes sense!