On 11/10/20 12:11 AM, Nick Wang wrote:
Uh, what I want to do is to use deal.ii to simulate our own model,
Before using deal.ii , I used some numerical simulation software like abaqus.
However, it will be very difficult to use abaqus to simulate seepage flow and multiphase coupling. I tried to use deal to build a simple model to deepen my understanding of this software.
So on the basis of step-8, I imported an external mesh model,
On this basic elastic equation, I tried to add some loads to analyze the deformation characteristics of this model like abaqus
Then further modify the constitutive equation, like an elastoplastic problem...
So I am trying to add a point load(parallel load) anywhere on the model first but I don't know how to achieve it.

Nick,
so let's say you want to add a point load at a point x0 in direction d. That corresponds to a vector force
  \vec f(x) = \vec d * delta(x-x0)
What you then need to compute the right hand side vector for your finite element scheme is to compute
  F_i = \int_\Omega \vec phi_i(x) \cdot \vec f(x)
      = \vec d \cdot \vec \phi_i(x)

You'd implement something like this in the same way as the VectorTools::compute_point_source_vector() does for the scalar case. The implementation of that case can be found here:

https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/include/deal.II/numerics/vector_tools_point_value.templates.h#L276-L309