Hi,

Chris Boot <bo...@debian.org> (2018-01-22):
> I think it would be helpful to start using Salsa for some of our repos.
>
> I would like to move my personal busybox work-in-progress repo to Salsa;
> I know nothing prevents me from doing that but it feels like everything
> would be more joined-up if the main busybox repo was also in Salsa and
> in a debian-boot team/group.

If you have time/motivation to explore salsa.debian.org for d-i things,
that's more than welcome!

> Does anyone have any objection if I create a d-i/boot team on Salsa?

Not from me.

> What should it be called?

Good question. d-i looks good to me, and would match the current group
on alioth. debian-boot is historical and I think we should keep only
the list named this way (along with IRC).

> Should its membership just be copied from the Alioth team?

If possible, that would look good to me. Not sure about non-DD accounts
support though (I've had too little time to keep track of salsa things,
which seemed to be fast moving).

Not necessary for busybox AFAICT, but we'll need to have that later when
moving all repositories there: we need to have access for the l10n robot
(including write access), working from dillon.debian.org these days.

> Alternatively, would it be preferable to use the "Debian" group given
> we have such a large membership anyway?

I'm not sure. ISTR having seen people mention on IRC that views weren't
too practical when projects are under the Debian umbrella, because
everything is listed altogether? Maybe a separate group would be best?

Thanks for leading the way!

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>