On 22/01/18 17:23, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 05:28:43PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Chris Boot <bo...@debian.org> (2018-01-22):
>>> I think it would be helpful to start using Salsa for some of our repos.
>>>
>>> I would like to move my personal busybox work-in-progress repo to Salsa;
>>> I know nothing prevents me from doing that but it feels like everything
>>> would be more joined-up if the main busybox repo was also in Salsa and
>>> in a debian-boot team/group.
>>
>> If you have time/motivation to explore salsa.debian.org for d-i things,
>> that's more than welcome!

Well, I was going to do so only as far as my involvement goes. Since I'm
only really involved in busybox, I was looking at bootstrapping the team
and putting busybox there.

I don't want to barge in and push anyone else into things they may not
yet be ready for, so I was planning on leaving the rest to other people.

[snip]

>>> What should it be called?
>>
>> Good question. d-i looks good to me, and would match the current group
>> on alioth. debian-boot is historical and I think we should keep only
>> the list named this way (along with IRC).
>
> Or just use "installer-team".

I don't mind d-i-team or installer-team or even debian-installer-team,
but the self-service interface always adds "-team" to the end. Not
having -team on the end presumably means asking the admin folks to do it
manually for us, so it's probably best avoided unless we really want to.

>>> Should its membership just be copied from the Alioth team?
>> If possible, that would look good to me. Not sure about non-DD accounts
>> support though (I've had too little time to keep track of salsa things,
>> which seemed to be fast moving).
>
> This just needs to be done by hand.

Indeed, non-DD accounts need to register at
https://signup.salsa.debian.org/ and then a DD needs to add them to the
relevant team/project with appropriate permissions.

[snip comments about SVN migrations and using the Debian umbrella]

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot