Hi Emanuele,

Axel Beckert wrote:
> Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> > On 2023-05-04 11:53, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > > Sure. I intend to run Debian Unstable on it anyway
> >
> > Now you can. :-)
>
> Hmmm, I tried a few days ago (October 1st) with the image from
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/current/arm64/iso-cd/
> and it hang with a message saying something about "generating empty
> device tree" or so.

And that image didn't contain the dtb files to copy while the mini.iso
from d-i.d.o did.

> > https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/X13s
>
> Ah, I see, there's much more than just the installer image needed.

I tried that, installer ran through fine, grub boots from disk after
installation, kernel loads initramfs and then falls into the initramfs
prompt and fractions of a second later (sometimes even beforehand) the
whole screen goes black and then nothing helps then pressing the power
button for about 10 seconds.

The same happens if I start the recovery mode from the grub menu when
booting from the disk.

arm64.nopauth is in there.

And I can easily install tons of packages when I boot from the
installer USB stick into the rescue mode and chroot into the
installation on disk.

Even installing the recommended packages did not change anything with
regards to the screen going black about 12 seconds after booting.

I also tried to disable any console font changes via

  dpkg-reconfigure -plow console-setup console-setup-linux

but to no avail.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong or how I can fix this? I feel I'm
_soooo_ close. :-)

                Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <a...@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin