Hi,

Simon McVittie <s...@debian.org> (2023-08-31):
> [ Reason ]
> The same changes proposed for bookworm in #1050868, but for bullseye.
> Because official buildds that build trixie/sid are not yet all running
> bookworm, we'll need this change in bullseye too.
>
> I also included the changes that Luca previously proposed on this bug,
> which are backports from bookworm's debootstrap:
>
> - no longer including usrmerge and its dependencies in the installed
>   system if usr-is-merged would be sufficient, saving ~ 50MB on a minbase
>   image and effectively fixing a regression caused by making
>   usrmerge|usr-is-merged transitively Essential in bookworm (#1025657)
> - enabling merged-/usr on Hurd
>
> These are technically a behaviour change for bullseye, but we're making
> a larger behaviour change here already, and it aligns the behaviour
> with what we have in bookworm. We could revert those if required, but
> they're really small changes and seem desirable to me: in particular,
> they make the whole merged-/usr code path into the same tested code
> that's in trixie and proposed for bookworm.

Test results look good to me too, feel free to go ahead.

Compared to what I get from a `dpkg-buildpackage -S` run locally (using
the bullseye branch at tag debian/1.0.123+deb11u2), the source package
available on coccia adds the debian/.gitignore file; this is merely
intriguing and not something that should block processing this upload,
possibly linked to dgit's having been used at some point?

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>