On Sat, 28 Oct 2023 at 14:54:45 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Compared to what I get from a `dpkg-buildpackage -S` run locally (using
> the bullseye branch at tag debian/1.0.123+deb11u2), the source package
> available on coccia adds the debian/.gitignore file

I believe dpkg-source defaults to the equivalent of `dpkg-source -I`
for 3.0 (native) format packages, which ignores some files that would
normally appear in git, notably .gitignore.

I normally use
DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-us -uc -I.*.sw? -I.sw? -I.git" which
disables the default `-I` and instead excludes .git but not .gitignore,
making the uploaded source package exactly equivalent to what's in git
(and as a result, more dgit-friendly). If you would prefer any subsequent
uploads of d-i-related components to always exclude the .gitignore,
I'll try to remember that for the future.

    smcv