On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:04:30AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ah, that explains it.
> >
> > The -small config has CONFIG_SUNGEM=m as well as CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m.
> >
> > I guess what happens here is that you are using the -small kernel with
> > the normal modules or something such. The -small has a lot more stuff
> > modular so it can fit on a miboot floppy, but as thus, it also needs
> > a lot more stuff to go into the module udebs, as well as a specific
> > initrd.
> >
> > Try using the kernel from the -powerpc image directly.
>
> I double checked and as far as I can see, linux-kernel-di does not
> confuse the two sets of modules for the two powerpc kernels. It is
> possible that the image build process does however, or is using the
> wrong kernel.
>
> If there's anything I can do to help, I'm standing by. Getting powerpc
> working again has got to be a priority..

Ok, tell me the new directions to the new CVS repostitory (or maybe i
need to be added to the alioth project or something) and i will give it
a try.

Also, i wonder if anyone has an idea if building the RTC clocks as
modules would be acceptable. The CONFIG_GEN_RTC doesn't work on pegasos,
but using the CONFIG_RTC that does work breaks pmacs.

I have tried porting the CONFIG_RTC code to the per subarch
CONFIG_GEN_RTC stuff, but without much luck yet. I haven't had enough
time, and was sick sunday and yesterday.

Friendly,

Sven Luther