Sven Luther wrote:
> Ah, that explains it.
>
> The -small config has CONFIG_SUNGEM=m as well as CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m.
>
> I guess what happens here is that you are using the -small kernel with
> the normal modules or something such. The -small has a lot more stuff
> modular so it can fit on a miboot floppy, but as thus, it also needs
> a lot more stuff to go into the module udebs, as well as a specific
> initrd.
>
> Try using the kernel from the -powerpc image directly.

I double checked and as far as I can see, linux-kernel-di does not
confuse the two sets of modules for the two powerpc kernels. It is
possible that the image build process does however, or is using the
wrong kernel.

If there's anything I can do to help, I'm standing by. Getting powerpc
working again has got to be a priority..

--
see shy jo