Quoting Joey Hess ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> I have committed some code to group the countries in the chountrychooser
> into regions. It adds a regionmap, which maps between country codes and
> regions, and a countrylist, which orders the list.

You forgot to mention the very good cleaning you made to my jerky
code..:-)

I had a look at it and I think the changelog is a very good example of
the differences between a real programmer (joeyh) and a bad hacker
(me)..:-)

Thanks for this work.

About regionmap, I tried to have a look at iso-codes, but there is no
such "map countries to regions" list. So, we definitely have to deal
with this.

> 1. Finish adding all the country codes to the regionmap.
>    Uncategorised countries will be under "other" for now.
> 2. Add the strings from the regionmap to the po files.
>    Until this is done, they are not translated, and so po-debconf
>    does not translate the choices lists at all.
>
> I can do 1. (eventually), but don't know how to deal with 2.

Neither do I....:-(

Denis is the Perfect Victim for this...:-)