Christian Perrier wrote:
> I have some objections to the way you sorted countries. The most
> important is the "The Middle East" region. I highly prefer sorting
> countries in continents by using some natural borders, or highly
> historical ones.

I did consider that. The problem to my way of thinking is that even
natural borders are a fairly abstract concept. If you go down this path,
you may end up with Central America in North America. Or with Europe and
Asia in Eurasia. Depending on who you ask.

I think the best thing to do is to put countries in the region which one
would naturally expect to find them without being pedantic about it.
Note that the code allows listing a country as part of two or more
regions as well.

> Oceania (rather than Australia)

I have to wonder if the Aussies will think to look there, or will be
perplexed to not find Australia & New Zealand in their own category as
they traditionally are.

I think it would help to look at how KDE handles some of these edge
cases.

--
see shy jo