On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 11:05 +0100, Lars-Daniel Weber wrote:
> > Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014 um 10:23 Uhr
> > Von: "Philip Hands" <p...@hands.com>
> > An: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <lars-daniel.we...@gmx.de>,
> > debian-cd@lists.debian.org
> > Betreff: Re: preseed with netboot ISO
> >

> > I guess you're doing this?
> >
> >   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso
>
> No, that way it works. I've just tried it out. If you "bake" the preseed into
> the initrd,
> anything works as expected.
>
> I've put the preseed.cfg to the root of the ISO and passed it by APPEND
> settings to the kernel:
> neither "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg", nor "file=/hd-media/preseed.cfg", nor
> "file=preseed.cfg" works.
>
> Exactly the same style (using "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg") works for
> net*installer*, but not
> for net*boot*.

AFIAIK the netboot mini.iso images are basically "all the bits of PXE
boot, but in an ISO". As such there is nothing of interest (e.g. no
packages) on the ISO once the kernel + initrd are loaded and I wouldn't
necessarily expect it to bother trying to mount it in the installer
environment.

By contrast a netinst image includes the base system on the CD, so it
would be mounted.

> The funny thing: for self-built net*boot* images (about 10 MB), it works with
> a seperated
> preseed.cfg outside initrd without a problem. But building the installer on
> my own takes
> lots of dependencies... I wonder, what went wrong on the automatic build of
> mini.iso :(

What do you mean by a outside the initrd? How are you self-building
these netboot images?

Ian.