Lars-Daniel Weber <lars-daniel.we...@gmx.de> writes:

>> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014 um 10:23 Uhr
>> Von: "Philip Hands" <p...@hands.com>
>> An: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <lars-daniel.we...@gmx.de>,
>> debian-cd@lists.debian.org
>> Betreff: Re: preseed with netboot ISO
>>

>> I guess you're doing this?
>>
>>   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso
>
> No, that way it works. I've just tried it out. If you "bake" the preseed into
> the initrd,
> anything works as expected.
>
> I've put the preseed.cfg to the root of the ISO and passed it by APPEND
> settings to the kernel:
> neither "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg", nor "file=/hd-media/preseed.cfg", nor
> "file=preseed.cfg" works.
>
> Exactly the same style (using "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg") works for
> net*installer*, but not
> for net*boot*.
>
> The funny thing: for self-built net*boot* images (about 10 MB), it works with
> a seperated
> preseed.cfg outside initrd without a problem. But building the installer on
> my own takes
> lots of dependencies... I wonder, what went wrong on the automatic build of
> mini.iso :(
>
>  > If you bring up a console (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F2) when having booted from the
>> mini.iso, and check if the S35initrd-preseed file is in place.  My guess
>> is that the mini.iso does not include initrd-pressed.udeb.
>
> Ah! Let me check:
> mini.iso gives me: ./lib/debian-installer-startup.de/S35initrd-preseed
> netinstaller is equal, even when looking for anything contaning
> "preseed".

This makes a bit more sense (I was wondering how you could have avoided
the initrd-preseed stuff).

So, my next guess is that file-preseed is the udeb that is in the
netinst, but is not the mini.

If that's the case, you can probably just use network-preseed to get
the job done, but specifying it as a url=, rather than as a file=
like this:

  url=file:///cdrom/preseed.cfg

(the 3 slashes are required BTW)

BTW You can check my theory by looking for /var/lib/dpkg/info/file-preseed*

Cheers, Phil.