Cameron Norman <camerontnor...@gmail.com> writes:

> From your other message I was under the impression that you thought it
> was ok to remove Upstart support, but now you agree that if there was
> interest, then it should be kept (as long as it does not cause
> issues).

Under the circumstances, I don't think we should be *surprised* that
someone thought dropping upstart support was ok.  That does not mean
that *I* think it is ok, and I'm very happy that the support for upstart
was restored.

> Would you mind clarifying a little?

I think anyone interested in a new or alternative feature in Debian
always has to be prepared to do work themselves to get what they want.
Because we strive to be inclusive, the normal behavior in Debian has
always been to accept patches that enable new features, new
architectures, etc, as long as the patches make sense and don't break
something else.  Support for alternative init systems should be no
different.

Bdale