>>>>> "josh" == josh  <j...@joshtriplett.org> writes:

    josh> I wouldn't necessarily suggest using this as an argument
    josh> against the proposed resolution.  Instead, I'd recommend
    josh> making sure that cgmanager is just as harmless under systemd
    josh> as systemd-shim 8-4 currently is, by making it not run under
    josh> systemd.  That would make this change much safer.

I think making cgmanager not run by default under systemd seems
reasonable.  However, as we've seen discussed on -vote cgmanager
provides different services than systemd and if you need full semantics
can do things systemd cannot do.

For that reason, I can see people wanting to use it along-side systemd.
I'd discourage the TC from making a ruling about cgmanager and encourage
the cgmanager maintainer to find a way to make it not run by default but
be enabled at administrator request.