Le mercredi, 6 juillet 2016, 19.05:04 Philipp Kern a écrit :
> Given that you deliberate in private, I hope that this time you will
> go and present your pick without a vote. Your mail does not mention
> this, but it does burn people to be either ranked (and still be
> picked) or be downvoted. This would make sense if you would not debate
> people privately beforehand because then the whole process would be
> public. But as it is not, it is an conflict to be easily avoided.

You are referring to the process concluded by that debian-devel-announce
mail, IIUC:
        https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/11/msg00008.html

It did multiple things:

- Publishing the list of candidates, to thank people for their
  willingness to serve
- Pointing out which were considered to be on the ballot and which were
  not
- Public ranking the ballot candidates by all individual TC members

Our current process doesn't do any of this, as we're:

- Not publishing the list of candidates not-almost-elected at all
- Thanking all nominees and unelected candidates in private
- Deciding the recommandation order (would it matter) internally
- Having the public vote on each candidate individually

My current thinking is that the advantages of our current process
overcome the advantages of publishing the list of nominees or candidates
at any point in time during the process.

We can certainly discuss this!

--
Cheers,
    OdyX