On 2016-12-08 17:33 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On 2016-12-08 23:32 +1030, Ron wrote:

> > But it also outputs a .htaccess enabling execution in the directory
> > where the output is generated, whether you want to use it from there
> > or not (and adds a second CGI, and a bunch of jquery doing AJAX too).
>
> The world is absolutely full of jquery doing AJAX. That's not bad in
> itself (much as some of us prefered the 'old web'. We should make it
> use system jquery.

OK. I tried making it use system jquery and some of the icons in htags
seem to go missing. So the internal jquery-treeview and
jquery-suggests may be incompatible. Needs a bit more research, so
we'll ship the internal one in 6.5.5-0.3 for now.

> > the icons and javascript and css for htags

> Good point.
> That's an easy fix.

Included in 6.5.5-0.3 which I'm about to upload. So that fixes
#587489, (which has only been pending with a patch since May 2011).

(currently shipped in /usr/share/gtags rather than
/use/share/global/gtags because upstream needs patching to sort that
properly. One thing at a time.)

And now htags browsing has nice little icons for moving about. shiny :-)

We checked that 6.5.5 also fixes #847303. It does.

I have a query pending with Ron for if it's OK with him to move to
0-day uploads to experimental as I don't think the conventional NMU
delay is actually helping anyone in this case. It just makes things
slow. I'll just replace the pending 0.2 upload with this 0.3 one for
now.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/