]] Sean Whitton

> The general question about which I am seeking advice: does the
> T.C. think that Debian can be consistent on service (re)starts in
> maintscripts, or is the best we can do to leave it up to package
> maintainer discretion?

I think we can give advice on what the default should be and that people
should not stray from that unless they have particular reasons.  That
advice might be more appropriate for the developers reference than
policy, though.

Due to the variety and complexity of daemons in the archive, I would be
reluctant to require complete consistency, there are likely various edge
cases we have not thought about.

--
Tollef Fog Heen