On 24 May 2006, Andreas Barth stated:

> * Steve Langasek ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [060524 17:54]:
>> So I guess you can still criticize folks for this if you want to,
>> but I know that my own ongoing notion of "best practices" comes
>> from stuff I learned long ago plus new ideas discussed on this
>> mailing list, not from the devref.
>
> Well, wouldn't it be a good idea to make just sync the dev ref with
> what you consider as best practice? (And, BTW, I make much effort to
> only update the dev ref with correct information.)

        "Best" practices are subjective.  I am sure people who write
 dev ref feel those are best practices, I just happen to
 differ. Substituting my biases for the current authors biases is
 unlikely to improve matters for the majority of developers.

        manoj

--
Let me take you a button-hole lower. William Shakespeare, "Love's
Labour's Lost"