Hi!

Okay, I understand! But I have the problem that the Debian 9 VM can not get an internet connection. This is because the network configuration (/etc/network/interfaces) fail, because Debian 9.0 could not found a device named eth0, but with Debian 8.8 with the same configuration I have no problem and I have an internet connection. On top of this on the Debian 9 VM it the networking service says that there is no route commend. What can I do ????? Do I need an other network configuration (/etc/network/interfaces) ????????

Cheers,
Maximilian

Nicholas D Steeves <mailto:nstee...@gmail.com>
10. July 2017 at 1:49 AM
P.S. That cheat sheet isn't nearly as nice...as I'd like it to be I
wish it was a compact printable two or three column reference with
net-tools commands in bold and the short-form iw equivalent
underneath.

eg: 'ip -r r' is more or less equivalent to 'route'
Maximilian Althaus <mailto:althaus.maximil...@landfreak.com>
10. July 2017 at 1:07 AM
Hello,

today I installed a Proxmox 5 system on a dedicated server. Then I want to create a VM using the netinst Debian 9 stretch image. After a successful installation without network access I want to add a network, but when I type route in the commend line debian say that this command is not found, but when I used Debian 8.8 jessie with the netinst-img without network access this commend worked. WHY??????????????????

On top of this when I want to add my network to the Debian 9 VM this failed because of the route commend is not found and with the Debian 8.8 VM this is working. WHY??????????????????

Best wishes,
Maximilian Althaus