On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 01:57:08PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 01:44:00PM +0200, Maximilian Althaus wrote:
> >    Okay, I understand! But I have the problem that the Debian 9 VM can not
>
> No, you don't. You already got told about ip -r. "route" and "ifconfig" are
> not
> installed per default anymore.

All packages shipped by Debian[1] either don't require net-tools anymore, or
pull them in via dependency.  If you wrote a custom script, you might need
to either migrate to ip or a friend (like, netstat -> ss), or install
net-tools.  The latter has been deprecated since a long, long time, so the
time to finally pull the plug had to come sooner or later.

> >    get an internet connection. This is because the network configuration
> >    (/etc/network/interfaces) fail, because Debian 9.0 could not found a
> >    device named eth0, but with Debian 8.8 with the same configuration I have

> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.de.html#new-interface-names
>
> eth0 will be kept on upgrades, but new installs get new interface names
> (that is good, that removed unpredictability if you add a new network card.)

Not sure how is it possible to argue that "eth0" is _less_ predictable than
ensp3 or wlxf81a671bcfae.  If you replace a network card, all your network
settings go wrong.  Same if you reconnect a removable card.  Or upgrade your
kernel.  Or, dist-upgrade.  Or, in case of a VM, use a slightly different
command line.  Or, on some hardware, on every boot.  The random number after
that "ensp" or "wlxf" can be re-rolled unexpectedly -- hope you have an
out-of-band way to reach that machine (ilo and iDrac are not really
trustworthy).

To fix this problem, you can:
ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules
update-initramfs -u

Also it's worth noting that if you do rename interfaces on your own (kind of
a must if there's more than one of its type -- both eth0 vs eth1 or ensp42
vs ensp78 require documentation that's guaranteed to be misplaced while out0
vs lan0 are self-describing even to an outsider), in jessie this overruled
the above "predictable" rule, in stretch it apparently does not.

HTH, meow!

[1]. At least popular ones -- there's a possibility something obscure has
slipped through, in which case, please install net-tools and report a bug.
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.